SAILS FOR SHADE
Shade sails are infinitely variable, aesthetically pleasing and provide effective shade. Although most useful in Summer, shade sails are best left up through the winter to minimise handling damage.
MAKE A STATEMENT WITH SAILS
Our Engineer designed shade sails can be made to suit almost any size, shape & budget. Quality fabrics provide up to 99% UVB protection. Architectural and difficult installations are our specialty.
School playground shade sails
- Double stitched edges and reinforced corners
- Made to site dimensions to nearest centimeter.
- Optional powdercoated posts with spikes to deter birds
- Stainless steel cable or prestretched nylon webbing perimeter strengthening.
- Stainless steel hardware.
- Large selection of colours available.
- For full instalations, 12 month full warranty, followed by 5 year pro - rata.
We will select one of the two premium shade cloth materials, approved by Cool Kiwi, most suited to the size and type of sail. Monotec 370 shade cloth, Australian Made specifically for Ausi (similarly New Zealand) conditions, is our first choice. For a lighter, well proven, material we use Rainbow Z16 from South Africa that has had substantial market share in Queensland since 1990.
- Schools, Parks, Kindergartens, Childcare centers, Pools
- Car Parking, Sports Grounds, Businesses and Homes.
- Complete package for do it yourself (DIY)
See our full range of colours and description of our shade sail material on separate page.
A complete design, manufacture and installation requires four site attendances. Unfortunately this is often not viable for a single sail installation. However we can supply all componentary and information for self installation. Special installations such as the privacy requested for the sail below are worth our full service.
All shade sails expected to be durable and trouble free must be made to measure after restraint points are installed.
We offer a DIY custom-made service, utilising all stainless steel fittings, including fascia plates, post attachments and rigging screws. Sails are manufactured to actual site measure taken after the attachment points are completed.
We recommend sails be tensioned to between 250 & 400kg, depending on size and location. Accordingly anchor points require careful selection and installation.